Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Waiting...






I sit here in much pain





Trying to pen my fears but in vain





What if I don't achieve my goal?





The thought stirs my very soul.








What if you're not able to decide




For the spectrum of choices is quite wide




You question if you'd ever know




The direction in which you're supposed to go.











Never thought it'll be so hard





An inch to me seems a yard





mustering strength, guidance I await





But what if... it gets too late?









Detach from the outcome, I tell myself





While hunting for a book through the shelf





One that'll help distract my mind





And take me away from the daily grind.









Is this how a lover feels?





When before his beloved he kneels





How an actor feels during an audition





An athlete during a competition?









It is for a reason all are there





To vouch for the thing they really care





But what if in the end they come to realize





That they never truly desired the prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment